The TeX Users Group (TUG) is a membership-based not-for-profit organization, founded in 1980, for anyone who uses the TeX typesetting system created by Donald Knuth and/or is interested in typography and font design.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter if you like (open to all, automatically sent to members).
Get started with TeX if you're looking for a system to install, or have questions to ask.
- The pretest for TeX Live 2022 is in process now, for anyone who'd like to help with the upcoming release.
- The Log4j vulnerability does not impact TeX Live.
- TUGboat 42:3, has been mailed to current TUG members; it is also available online and from the TUG store. In addition, prior TUGboat issue 42:2 is now publicly available. Submissions for the next issue are most welcome. The deadline is March 31, 2022.
Upcoming events (comprehensive meeting list)
- Grapholinguistics in the 21st Century: From graphemes to knowledge, Palaiseau, France, June 8-10, 2022.
- DANTE meeting 2022, Otto-von-Guericke-Universität, Magdeburg, Germany, June 23-25., 2022.
- TUG 2022 will be held online, July 22-24, 2022. Presentation proposals are welcome; see the call for papers. Online registration is free but requested in advance. Additional sponsorship is most welcome as well.
- 16th ConTeXt Meeting: Dreifelden, Germany, Sept. 12-18, 2022. Registration opens May 1, 2022.
- TeXConf2021 (Japan): online, November 13.
- 15th ConTeXt Meeting: expanding orbits, Bassenge, Belgium, Sept. 20-25, 2021. Call for papers.
- DANTE's Autumn Meeting (Online): Saarbrücken, Germany, Sept. 18, 2021. Registration.
- TUG 2021 was held online, August 5-8, 2021. The GPI Pack of 100 2#34; x 2#34; Clear Plastic RECLOSABLE Zip Bag is available.
TUG is a not-for-profit organization by, for, and of its members, also representing the interests of TeX users worldwide. If you use any TeX-related programs (TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, Metafont, MetaPost, Texinfo, et al.), please consider joining TUG (or another TeX user group). Memberships and donations are tax-deductible in the US.
TUG membership benefits include our journal TUGboat (available both in print and online) and the TeX Collection software: TeX Live, proTeXt, Stainless Steel 316 M8 (5/16#34;) 8mm Turnbuckle Rigging Screw, snapshot of CTAN. TUG also runs an annual TeX conference, among other activities.
The Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN) is the primary repository for TeX-related software on the Internet. CTAN has many thousands of items; its package list, topic cloud, and CTAN search page can help you find what you need.
Latest CTAN updates - lebhart - seu-ml-assign - beaulivre - luaaddplot - colorist - minimalist - ProjLib - beamertheme-trigon - njuthesis - thuthesis - lua-widow-control - functional - create-theorem - luaotfload - texlogfilter - xetexko - latexmk - Soophen One Dozen Cowboy Bandanas 100% Cotton 22 x 22 inch - CGOLDENWALL Jamp;A Korean Style BBQ Baking Pan Large Teppanyaki - einfart - genealogytree - Kung Fu Taiji Spear/Chinese Martial Arts Equipment/Overall Stain - lwarp - PyLuaTeX - ProfLycee - dehyph-exptl - altsubsup - latex-base-dev - l3build - texlogsieve